Friday, August 24, 2012

School is here!

As usual, I am behind on my blog.  It is a flippin' miracle that I somehow managed to get  Hudson's 3 month update done.  OH well, I am just glad I have the handy dandy Blogger app on my iPhone.  Well, summer has ended and it has been the best summer yet. I have been on an "extra long maternity leave" all summer.  BEST. EVER. We have gone to splash pads, water parks, pools, parks, creeks, Florence, Franklin, and Birmingham.  I am sure there is more but those are just off the top of my head.  Addie Jane has learned to actually swim and Jack can swim like a fish under water, no problem.  Next summer will be amazing.  Hudson is amazing.  Sleeping great at night with his fat face and tiny legs.  He is about 26-26.5 inches long, I measured him last night.  He wears 3-6 month clothes now, but it is still hard to get them snapped, even with a clean diaper. The kids have been so much fun this summer but now it is time for school.  They have been to MDO (mother's day out) 2 days a week for 3 hours but that was over a year ago and now Addie Jane is in school everyday and Jack 2 days a week.  CRAZY.  I might have freaked out a little and I am usually not like that.  WEIRD.  But even weirder (that is not a word but whatever) is that neither one of them cried. Didn't even shed a tear.  I guess that was God's way of telling me that it is going to be OKAY.  I love making the kids' lunches and getting them all dressed up for school.  Not sure why this week the kids' have decided to sleep in but they are sleeping until 8:15-8:30.  Yes, we have to leave the house at 8:40.  That is quite a task.  I have many things I need to update on: Hudson's baby dedication, Grandparents from Texas visiting, family creek fun, splash adventure with the cousins, and even some projects around the house.  But, for now, here are some pictures from their first day at school.
Addie Jane actually started school on Tuesday and Jack on Wednesday but ya know I still wanted them to wear their adorable shirts (by my aunt Aunt Amy)

This was on meet you teacher day

 HAhaha. That face

I let them decide what they wanted for lunch their first day.  Addie Jane chose: vanilla yogurt, goldfish, grapes, pickles, and a honey and peanut butter sandwich. Oh and TWO juice boxes.  She said she gets really thirsty at school.
 Jack wanted a turkey and cheese sandwich,
carrots with "hummus dip", goldfish, and gummies.
He said he only needed one juice box. Ha.

               



I went shopping on Wednesday with only one kid.  AWESOME. My grandma was in town from Texas this week, so my grandma, my mom, and I went shoe shopping. Successfully I might add :)

 Oh yea, this kid took a nap.  A-maz-ing.

1 comment:

  1. great post! i especially love the lunch pics and descriptions. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete